+++ Manga-Comic-Con 2021 cancelled +++
Dear Visitors and Exhibitors
It is with great sorrow and a heavy heart that we must inform you that this year's Leipzig Book Fair, scheduled for 27 to 30 May, will not take place. The ongoing corona pandemic, the current measures and restrictions on travel, as well as the associated planning uncertainty for exhibitors and programme participants, make it impossible to hold an event of this magnitude. The same applies to the Manga-Comic-Con, the Leipzig liest reading festival and the Leipzig Antiquarian Book Fair.
Nevertheless, there will be selected literary events this May to tide us over until March 2022. Further steps regarding registration and event concepts will be communicated to you in due time.
Manga-Comic-Con in Profile
Download all Dates und Facts (PDF, 2.4 MB) to the Manga-ComicCon.
Facts and figures Manga-Comic-Con 2019
A total of 348 (publishers, manufacturers, distributors, artists) from 19 different countries
- 82% will again take partin 2020 as exhibitors
- 84% are happy to recommend the fair
The Leipzig Book Fair and the reading festival „Leipzig liest“ attracted a combined total of 286,000 visitors. Of those, 104,000 people also visited the Manga-Comic-Con (MCC). For 35%, the MCC was the main reason for their visit to Leipzig. Around 40% of the MCC attendees were cosplayers.
- Around 40% of the MCC attendees were cosplayers
- Almost 69% had decided to attend MCC more than two months in advance of the event
- 50% were frequent and regular attendees
- 23% were first-time visitors
- Age distribution: 43 % were 20 years old or younger, 44 % 21 - 30 years
3.100 international blogger and journalists
Around 250 events, e.g. workshops, book signing sessions, presentations, how to draw sessions, interviews with German and international illustrators, cosplay competitions and screenings.
Whats exhibitor say
»For the past few years, we have focused primarily on comics. However, starting this year, we increasingly focused on mangas and as a result, were able to generate more sales. I really enjoy being at the Book Fair. ? e audience is very special, the atmosphere is great and they are very inquisitive. We had exciting conversations and are very satis? ed with our participation at the fair.«
- Michael Schuster, Licensing and Product Manager Cross Cult -
»We felt completely at home in the hustle and bustle of Hall 1! ? e decision for a second stand at Manga-Comic-Con - in addition to our presence in Book Fair Hall 5 - was de? nitely the right one! We only received positive feedback about our queer literature, and the visitors approached us openly. ? e atmosphere was extremely welcoming. Our authors were thrilled that they were able to read on the black sofa and have great conversations. We are also very pleased with the sales. All of our 80 titles ranging from comics and fantasy to fanart and youth literature found their target audience.«
- Katrin Wirth, Trade Fair Coordinator, MAIN Verlag -
MCC exhibitors‘ main goals
- Sell directly to the public
- New customer acquisition
- Maintenance of existing customers
- Increase awareness of their companies
- Increase awareness of their product ranges
- Present new products
MCC attendees‘ main aims
- Check out the cosplayers
- Buy manga/books/comics
- Buy merchandise
- Learn about Japanese culture
- Participate in cosplay themselves
- View the MCC creative sector (young illustrators)
- Visit publishers
- Watch anime films