The Leipzig Book Fair 2020 is Cancelled
Dear Exhibitors, Partners and Visitors,
It is with a heavy heart and considerable regret that we have to announce today that this year's Leipzig Book Fair, which was planned for 12 to 15 March, will not take place. This also applies to the reading festival "Leipzig liest", Manga Comic-Con and Leipziger Antiquariatsmesse.
This decision was made by the Leipziger Messe together with the City of Leipzig following detailed consultation and is greatly regretted by all those involved.
The Leipzig Public Health Office decided to follow the directive of the Federal Ministry of Health and the Federal Ministry of Economics, which states that the traceability of contact persons at major events must be guaranteed. The directive explicitly stipulated that every participant in the fair must provide written proof that he or she is not from any of the identified risk locations and has not had contact with people from such locations. Considering the approximately 2,500 exhibitors and 280,000 expected visitors, this was not a reasonable task. The health of our exhibitors, visitors, guests, partners and employees is our top priority. The City of Leipzig and Leipziger Messe have therefore decided to cancel the event entirely.
We therefore ask for your understanding. We have never had to make such a difficult decision in the seventy-year history of the Leipzig Book Fair. This is difficult for us and for the entire book industry. We would like to thank all of the exhibitors, partners and visitors who have remained true to us.
Nevertheless, we are already looking ahead to the Leipzig Book Fair from 18 to 21 March 2021. We look forward to continued cooperation with you in the future.
Director of the Leipzig Book Fair
Team Leader Trade Fair Management
Information for exhibitors
Exhibitors got an information via mail. Read more here...
Services ordered via the Online Service Center (OSC) but that have not yet been provided will remain in your customer account for the time being. You do not have to cancel orders via OSC or by e-mail to Leipziger Messe GmbH. There will be no further invoicing.
Information for exhibitors
Is the Leipzig Book Fair, Leipzig liest (Leipzig reads) and Manga Comic-Con completely cancelled or just postponed?
- All three events are cancelled for 2020. We look forward to the Leipzig Book Fair, Leipzig liest (Leipzig reads), and Manga Comic-Con on 18 - 21 March 2021.
Is it possible to return my ticket?
- The purchase price for tickets and press printings (Trade Visitor Package/ Book Fair Guide / Leipzig Liest) will be automatically refunded to you in the same manner in which payment was made.
- You do not need to take any action to obtain a refund for ticket orders placed via the Online Ticket Shop. Please do not declare a Paypal conflict or make a complaint to your credit institute. Such actions will delay any refund. Furthermore, there is no need to send a written cancellation to Leipziger Messe.
- Please understand that the processing of refunds will take some time. When we are able to make a more precise estimate regarding this, you will find this information on our website.
Will my tickets be valid for next year?
- No, please delete your online-ticket.
Is my ticket still valid for Leipzig public transportation?
- No, the ticket becomes invalid with the cancellation of the fair.
Do I still have to pay for my hotel room?
- If you made your reservation directly with the hotel, please contact them directly.
- If you made your hotel reservation through Leipziger Messe, please contact our hotel service at email@example.com